Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Contestant #1 forMiss Blogger title

Many people are scared to run in a pageant. Some take pleasure in poking fun at girls who are underdogs in shows.

If you don't have the courage nor commitment to compete, you should not laugh. You should encourage. I can speak about this because I competed in a pageant before and I confirm that it is not for me. I prefer to assist in the organization of the pageant and also with helping the girls with their personal development.

We can all look pretty and compete for Miss Photogenic, but what about intellect? As a representative for a pageant, a person must present themselves professionally and elegantly with proper dress and speech.

I am not saying that I am always proper - words slip from time to time when the 'cool' is lost. I love my slippers and walk the town in them. I've tried really hard with the ballet slippers but they just keep my feet hot. I know when to turn on the elegance though.

So I say to all the hopefuls - good luck and RUN to toastmasters if you are uncomfortable with public speaking. Dress appropriately at all times because a photo op can happen at any moment.

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!