Monday, January 24, 2022

POEM: A Smiling God

I often think that God laughs
as he builds me
I'm not trying to be cynical
I’m not trying to hypocritical
but I'm intrinsically focused
on being a better me
and as God builds me
I know he must enjoy comedy
Like these ‘thick of it’ situations
my constant innovations
and big time preparations
and then the plan changes
I know he smiles
as I think I know it all
and that I can't fall
but God knows
I need to stumble
because I need to be humble
so he smiles at me
tripping, failing and trailing
because I'm being developed
it used to frustrate me
but I learned that
you can’t learn if you don’t do
and I’ve done
been undone
and been the unlucky one
I now see life
as a growth opportunity
Because I understand that
God must build me

© Linette Rabsatt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings!
You have done it again as the Lord builds us.

This is so relevant to life and it mimics the life of the chosen ones in the Bible.

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Greetings!
You have done it again as the Lord builds us.

This is so relevant to life and it mimics the life of the chosen ones in the Bible.

Awesome!

2024 Happy Mother's Day!