Saturday, January 8, 2022

POEM: I Invest in What Grows Me

I invest in what grows me
I connect with who knows me
and who knows and does better
who understands that life must have laughter
to provide a buffer to all that's jilted
but to give life to the plants that are wilted
I don't put time into vile or poisonous tactics
because my energy is for greater concepts
I want to grow and be challenged
but I also want a life of balance
so I see myself as a plant in the medium sun
I look to watch the rain drops as they run
down my leaves and through to my roots
so I must keep my laces tied on my boots
Invest in what can grow you
develop, challenge and nurture you
love people who hold your best interest at heart
and remain friends in the light and the dark


© Linette Rabsatt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings!
Your opening statement is appreciated!

You reinforced it throughout the piece, especially near the end.
Awesome!

Des said...

Awesome as always. Great to carry through 2022

2024 Happy Mother's Day!