Saturday, January 4, 2020

POEM: The 'I'


I'm not a wild child
but an intense with sense kinda person
Don't bother to analyze me
because you can't and won't get me
like I can't get you
it's true that we are made up
the same physically
but intrinsically
we are different
I've got my quirks
and I can be a quack
I have my good characteristics
and of course there are things that I lack
I can talk flack
and sometimes I want to get back
at people for getting me mad
or making me sad
but I find ways to get glad
because if I don't
then you'll surely call me bad
and I don't want that
I don't want to be considered
a flat personality
cause I'm full of bubbles and energy
I like being free
being me
and being free to be me
and you should be the same
don't let anyone call you lame
if you can walk
take stock and forget the blocks
pull up your socks
and open the lock on your heart
do your part
do you
stay true and
be the best you

© Linette Rabsatt

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!