Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Old & Young Parents - Teach Your Children Values

I see young people from 16 to 20 having babies and I wonder how they survive. I am in my mid 30s and sometimes it can be really stressful and frustrating being a parent. Today the pressure is harder and money is tighter. I think the young ladies today have a tougher job than a 17 year old 20 or 10 years ago. What is easy today is that we don't so easily attach a stigma to a teenage parent. In 1990 or 1999 and much earlier, we might have but today some of those young parents stand strong and take their role seriously.

Today youth have a harder time finding a job and have so much negative to influence them. We have to work hard to show them doing the right thing is the best thing. I in no way look down on any young parent. Instead they need nurturing and love and they at the same time must be willing to listen and learn. I am no expert but I do try my best to have my children disciplined and full of manners. I also impress upon them the importance of God, completing tasks and of course their education.

While I may give them the moral fiber they need, it is still their decision if they want to follow bad company. I can only encourage and try to seperate and for sure I will put the best effort forward to do this.

Young parents, I encourage you to speak to the elders around you. I admonish you to pay attention to your child's education and take a full interest and role in their school. Lastly, tell your offsprings about God and spend time with them.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!