Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Micromanager?

Is micromanagement a sickness? It is a symptom of having a large ego? It is a passion for the power hungry? I simply can not fathom why anyone would want to control so many things. If President Obama applied that type of behavior - trying to run every state and every facet of the central government, he would not get anywhere. I think that is why the 'system' is designed with several layers of management, castes, hierarchies etc.

I find it absolutely annoying watching a micromanager in play. This person has no trust for others. You can micromange your home but that still can alienate your family members. So imagine a workforce of 30 people? The manager can not dabble into every process - he will get burned out. However, he should not totally ignore any employee or issue. However, empower supervisors and allow them to function.

I am not the best person or manager but I truly feel that micromanagement is not the best management philosophy. I'll still with that opinion too!

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!