Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What Do My Words Count For?

What is my opinion really worth? I may feel that it is priceless while others think that it’s irrelevant. Some may not listen or if they do listen, they still may disregard the ideas.

I would not say that I am an authority on any subject. I do not have a PHD but I keep an open mind and open ear to new things. I relish in the politics of the BVI and USVI and I have an interest in agricultural development. I love my family even though I’ll be one of the parents who will honestly say that I love when my children retire for the night. I love writing articles and poetry and have opinions on tourism in the BVI. I also love music and have written several articles about R&B and reggae albums.

However, I am still not an expert nor can I say that I proficiently know these topics. I can continue to monitor, document and analyze changes in each genre. I can also read more and get involved in the activities that are relevant to my growth in the subject area.

Will that make me have an expert opinion on any topic? It may or may not. I actually don’t want to be an expert but instead a catalyst for positive change. As it says in Psalms 19:14, “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”

I hope that my words are and continue to be a source of inspiration and information sharing.

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!