Sunday, March 27, 2011

POEM: I and You

I and You

I give you one
So you can do for the thousands
You give me promises
Far higher than our mountains
I give you trust
So that you can implement change
You take it and run
Like it’s a children’s game
I don’t ask for much
Just for vigilance, perseverance and good will
You ask for one
And yet I get no promises fulfilled
I make my choice
It is one of the few rights I have
You only listen to my voice
When you want the one that I have
I stand alone in a box
Weighing the choices before me
You stand along the sidelines
While our people live in misery and soon poverty
I, one, with many others
Have to decide our fate
You and a few others
Want to eat all the cake
I, one, with many others
Have to decide our fate
Because it might not be you
Who we let into the gates

© Linette Rabsatt
March 27, 2011, VI

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!