Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Women - Mothers ?



Many young women look at other women who are mothers and say: ‘I would not have my children attending daycare.’ ‘I would never breastfeed my child in public.’ ‘I would never have a tummy after having my baby because I would be in the gym right after the baby pops out.’ ‘I would not have children out of wedlock.’ ‘I am perfect.’ PLEASE! No one is perfect and life is not perfect. You may have your perfect life planned out and who cares? ‘I love my tummy.’ 

‘I loved breastfeeding with a blanket in public.’ ‘I love my children and their father.’ ‘I love being me – imperfect and flawed.’ So to those of you who wish to have that ‘perfect’ life, plan ahead to the fullest and get that perfect partner and perfect job and of course your big mansion on the hill.

Just as our normal parents survived, so we shall survive. I don’t mean to down on people with aspirations and goals because I have goals too. My goals are not to be rich though or to have prestige or to live a bourgeois lifestyle. I just was simple happiness and minimal stress. I hate to be bothered with things...cars, tenants etc. You may think that I am crazy for not wanting the lavish lifestyle of the rich and famous but that’s not for me. Give me some grants – let me help to educate people and make people feel appreciated. So to the ladies who are ‘perfect’, buzz off!

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!