Thursday, September 29, 2022

POEM: Shaken and Stirred

I'm often flaky
but these days
I've been more shaky
maybe shaken
unstirred
deterred
troubled
in my little bubble
that I don't know
if the world is ready for it to pop
because I stop
I stop myself
from expressing myself
leaving thoughts on a broken shelf
because if I unleash
what's on my heart
you may think I'm dark
or even a shark
but never so
nothing at all 'go so'
even though you think you know
you're wrong
because my song
ain't about that flack
cause this is not the time to be wack
but to be a Jack or Jane of all trades
so even as my beauty fades
I stand honest, unassuming but
definitely not jaded

© Linette Rabsatt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HiKnots
Poetry gives that avenue to explore and to express inner passion in.

Lovely!

2024 Happy Mother's Day!