Friday, September 16, 2022

POEM: Bitter Pill

I’ve been so wrong
yet I love to be strong
with my bad behavior
and while I endeavor
to do add savor and flavor
on my daily journey
I can't realize ‘this’ vision
cause my mission
is undefined
but has been defiled
even though
I compiled
this poem in a semi
maybe ish
kinda rhyme
I wasn't going for the sublime
because the lines
I stand in
have me bitter
and broken
from a broken system
that's filled with
inconsistencies
atrocities
bigotry  
fallacies and impurities
but maybe I can't see
that I just shouldn't be …
here

© Linette Rabsatt


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Knots!
Why does this piece sound so familiar?

Occasionally, some people live it.

Experience speaks!

Anonymous said...

Inconsistency yes! That’s why broken?

2024 Happy Mother's Day!