Wednesday, April 27, 2022

POEM: Burdens

my throat aches
from repeating myself
and crying for help
no one listens, no one responds,
I walk on
burdened and defeated
with no shoes on
and
my hands hurt
from toiling and tilling
while lifting the burdens
one may smile, one may glance
I call louder
until my echo answers
with no response
yet 
my feet pain me
from pacing the dark lanes
and scaling the brown hills
on the low, on the high
I clasp in prayer
with no strength 
in my fingers
but
the pains remain
and I'm not insane
so my toils could never
be in vain
my brain can
only process the pain
which gets worse
when it rains
my throat
my hands and
my feet
don't know
my heart hurts
from being empathetic
and holding the feelings
I can't listen, I can't respond
I cry on
saddened but not defeated
my shoes worn
yet....

© Linette Rabsatt



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No wonder Christ cried out " Father why thou forsaken me",
Just so that we wouldn't have to carry those burden alone...😇🙏

2024 Happy Mother's Day!