Tuesday, January 5, 2016

What to Do When There's No Electricity


To be honest, I don't have a right answer. When the power is out, if you live in breezy areas like me, you can sleep, cook, take a walk or wonder why you didn't charge the phone! If you have a vehicle, take a drive down the road and see what's up.  Yesterday, I cleaned windows and screens, and mopped the porch. Today, I rested.

The one thing that we all love to do is get on the phone and call the power company. If it had gone until 12pm, I would call because the power was also out at my children's school. Lunch time - no microwave - not good.

However, as we think about the lack of power, tv, internet etc, maybe the time should be spent reflecting on improvements for the future. Literally do some housework or organization or meditate on your next move. What can I do differently as a person, as a parent, as a student, as an employee and as a supervisor? How can I impact the world? I wear many hats and this demands that I be organized. How can I better take car of my health?

Sometimes, we get so caught into technology, we forget to live and relax. So, firstly, plan and organize yourself. Get up in the morning and get ready. Iron your clothes in advance. We just have to aim at being more prepared - in mind, body and soul - for work and for life.

Ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!