Friday, January 8, 2016

Multiple Priorities


Being a working student Mom is not an easy task. It gets no easier when you are getting close to the 40s.  Working has its own stresses and working on a Masters degree is hard work. Children's homework and projects are tasks that you have to have patience and knowledge to help with.  The brain can sometimes feel like it needs a holiday with all the demands.

However, this is what keeps me going. Juggling the various responsibilities and managing my time keep my heart pumping! With all these tasks, I put on my music and enjoy myself. I have made music my crutch to keep me alert and in tune, literally.

When the stress hits, music is such an antidote to the stress. Right now, it's Akon in the background and earlier there was some Chris Brown, John Legend, Snoop Dog, T-Pain, Outkast, Vivian Green and much more. There was gospel earlier too! Tonight wasn't so much a soca or reggae night. I think ZBVI got me started because they've been playing some nice music these days. 

Growing up, the radio and my imagination were my friends at home. I guess that's why I became interested in learning and started dabbling in my hair and in sewing. At least these skills help me in being a mom. However, I think I need to be more patient with my children . Somehow, I think that they should know certain concepts or words because.......they learned it in the previous grades?! I am a work in progress! I am trying to be a better student as well in turning in my assignment on time. As an employee and supervisor, I'm working on that too!

Ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!