Monday, May 11, 2015

A Poppy Show Moment


I like things that make me laugh. I look for funny movies and happy songs. As I write this, I'm listening to a plethora of Phil Collins songs which may not all have a happy message but provide pleasant and easy listening. I had many laughs today and some were because of words thrown out. Humor helped the situations to be dealt with.

In the VI, we have a phrase we use - "poppy show". I don't know the origin of this colloquialism but we usually refer to it someone who is being laughed at and not laughed with based on a behavior they have exhibited. It could also be someone who is trying to get laughs. I have been a "poppy show" before because sometimes you just have to ease the tension.

Today had a combination of both and this is good for me because throughout the tension and trials of day, I was able to exercise my facial muscles. Sometimes, you just have to take a moment for a laugh.

Ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!