Thursday, November 9, 2023

POEM: Insistence

To insist is considered a sin
because people resist
when they see passion on display
but I cannot desist from being me
because my energy consists of
pure, purposeful, and positive
intricate pieces of my heart
I cannot help myself
despite the trials
I must persist
because justice is the
system's quelling
and there's no
compelling reason to
exist within borders
that have been
too long in disorder
it all conflicts
with the verdict
and socializes me as
an indigenous terrorist
who should be inflicted
with what the exorcist
exercised on those
with the evil eyes



© Linette Rabsatt

1 comment:

The Krafty Page Stories said...

Your poem "Insistence" captures a strong sense of personal conviction and resilience. The theme of persisting despite resistance and societal judgment is powerful. The use of vivid language, such as "pure, purposeful, and positive intricate pieces of my heart," adds depth to the expression. The poem effectively addresses the internal struggle against conformity and external pressures. The mention of justice, disorder, and societal labels contributes to a thought-provoking narrative. Overall, it's a compelling piece that conveys a sense of individuality and determination.

👍

2024 Happy Mother's Day!