Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Thinking Forward - Checking and Improving Self


I'm embarking on an exciting journey - lots of reading and loads of writing. I'm expanding my thought process, my vocabulary and of course the way I deal with things professionally. I've always had my professional ethics and this journey sets me on a different path.

I encourage young people to seek ways to improve themselves. Somehow many think that someone will always be there to help them but you just have to be proactive. While attaining higher education is one step, you have to build your confidence and be self-motivated. Look at volunteerism as a way to build experience and learn new skills. Don't fuss about starting on the bottom - you have to start somewhere. I have had to file, provide basic customer service and photocopy documents - even with a degree; and I am happy to have done those tasks. Of course, I wasn't happy back then, but I appreciate it now.

There's a lot that we can do to move ourselves forward and improve ourselves. To take on a leadership role, we have to be groomed - whether it's in a community service organization, athletics, our churches or in our schools on the PTA. Take a positive step forward and try something new that will enhance you.

Ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!