Saturday, November 17, 2012

Loyalty or Fear

Some people want loyalty from you. Others want you to fear them. You have to make that choice. What would you prefer to do - fear or be loyal? I guess I can be either depending on the situation or people involved. On the job, I am loyal - but to myself, my ethics and ideals first. I am loyal to my organization as well, once it stands in line with these values. When I see that it may be shifting in another direction that I am uncomfortable with, and this may not mean that there are illegal or unethical behaviors, I know it's my time to move forward.
 
At some point, we have to stand up and out against things that we are not pleased with. I see too much foolishness going on but I can't try to be the savior for every cause. However, where I can make an impact, I have to. These are the times when people want to ostracize you for speaking out but you have to know how the finesse your actions. Don't be a rabble-rouser. Be a problem solver.
 
Be loyal but know who and what you are loyal to. We all will have fear but we cannot let it hold us back from growing and taking steps to improve ourselves. I speak from experience. I look at where I stand today and people may say that I am not loyal to any cause or organization. I just know when it's time to move forward. I don't leave relationships - business or extra-curricular - in an unpleasant state. I just have to take myself to another level. You want me to be loyal to you, but really you just need me to fulfill my duties.
 
You may find that I am harsh these days but we all have to make a decision during our lifetime to stop being afraid and be loyal to our God, ourselves and our families.

ribbon

 

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!