Monday, October 26, 2020

Poem: Guardian of My Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy



I may not be "Brandy",
but I think I am a fine girl
and despite what you think,
"Ain't no mountain high enough"
that can keep me from reaching my goals
because I've got music and I've got soul
So even though I don't say
"Come and get your love" often
that doesn't mean I don't want to "Escape"
and drink some "Pina Colada"
We have to live in this moment so
"Come a little bit closer"
because I'm happiest when I see
the bright "Mr. Blue Sky"
because the "Spirit in the Sky"
has me "Hooked on a Feeling"
It's not like "I'm not in love"
it's just that
"I fooled around and fell in love"
and "Ooh Child",
"Bring it on home to me"
So don't change your mind
and don't leave me behind
because you are the Guardian of my Galaxy

 © Linette Rabsatt 2020

2 comments:

Akingtafari77@gmail.com said...

I AM GROOT😁❣ Which means,"I LOVE IT"🙌🏿❣ Love how you intertwine the titles of songs into the poems flow🙏🏿.. Keep them coming m'lady👍🏿..

Anonymous said...

Greetings Knots.
Blessings!
It's awesome how you play with words that rejuvenate the soul and cause us to indulge in enjoyable recollection of hits of the past.

Awesome!

2024 Happy Mother's Day!