Friday, April 7, 2017

Pet Peeve: Poor Customer Service



Some of the customer service issues in agencies are not the front-line people - it's the processes, management or lack of people or resources. Billing issues, agency line ringing to a voice messaging system which does not announce the agency, weeks for someone to respond to a simple email, sitting waiting for almost an hour before being attended to for a very simple matter. It's not good enough - it's irritating.

People say to complain but around here when you complain or get angry, people label you and ostracize you because they can't take criticism. Today, I let my anger get the best of me. Why should I have to sit in any agency looking at a numbering system (where you pull a number) for almost an hour before a number is called. When the number is called, it is only for you to pass your documents and then you still have to wait for your processing to be completed.

I think in this small community, things like this should be of the past. I don't know what the solutions are but what is in place cannot work. I find that this society thinks it's okay to lose time from living sitting in agencies for hours back and forth. Leave it to me and many services would be able to uploaded via email or online, and appointments set for in-person interview and collection of documents. 

It works for the US so why can't it work here. The front-line people are not the problem because they seem to try and they juggle a lot and take the hard words or attitudes from people like me. Well I couldn't have given anyone an attitude today because I was never served! I had to leave to attend to something else.

My blog is one forum to air my concerns while I build the courage to take it somewhere else. What I will do is work on improving customer service where I work so that people won't complain about my backyard too.

Ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!