Saturday, August 1, 2026

July 2026 Recap and a New Poem

My succulents
What can I say about July 2026? It was a lot! I may not have had many publishing opportunities but professionally, I had some growth, I made some missteps and I learned from each one. I will encourage everyone to always value failure and mistakes. In a lot of instances, you have to work through things, even when you are feeling broken. Be sure to connect with other persons who can help you. Be sure to disconnect from work and relax too! Growth doesn't stop at getting the degree or landing the job. Growth doesn't stop! Even if you retire, you continue to grow as a person whether as a mentor and in your personal journey.

Here's my recap for July 2026.

Muse Magazine

Issue 4 of the Muse Magazine is out and you can find insightful articles and ideas inside. My poem, Success, is on pages 22 and 23.

Silver Birch Press

My poem, Hats On, was published by Silver Birch Press on July 7, 2026. I took many sayings about hats and created this poem. What advice resonates with you?

SweetSmell Journal

My poems, Peace Begins with Me and Looking at the Clouds, were published in the SweetSmell Journal – Peace Issue. You can purchase a copy here.

Haikuist

My poetry has made it in The Haikuist. You can purchase a copy here.

Poetry on YouTube

Hot Seat

As It Should

Fake News

It's About You

New Poem

Burning a Bridge

burning a bridge
no easy task
regrets can’t be repealed
healing not always simple
rebuilding – also a challenge
when space is disrupted
hopes and dreams corrupted
as the emotions erupted
severing the bolts in the iron
breaking the connection
the remnants of the bridge
a symbol of lost hope
no surety if ceasefire talks
will bring unity
burn the bridge
risk the disconnect
face the consequence
of the severed ties

© Linette Rabsatt 8-1-2026




No comments:

July 2026 Recap and a New Poem