Sunday, June 8, 2014

You Cannot Win Them All

Peace Sign Beaded Key ring


I'm always trying to show my son that he needs to be disciplined - how he should take care of his things, pack his clothes neatly and take pride in any assignment that I give him. He doesn't seem to understand sometimes and I really hope that he will understand these basic things today because it's much harder to learn it later in life. Too many people have to learn the hard way and in some cases, it may have been their upbringing and in other cases, it is just their bad attitude that holds them back.

We can never get our own way. During my career, I have worked with an array of people from various upbringings and cultures. The one thing that has remained constant is that there will be people who do not want to follow rules. Some will find as many ways as possible to show their disagreement to the rules though obstinate behavior - which of course gets them no where but on everybody's nerves.

As I go through life, I have learned that rules are meant to be followed. Being a stubborn mule or a Moaning Myrtle won't fix anything. Instead, I look for solutions where there are problems and aim to address them. Sometimes, it's my own attitude that really is the problem. I have to look at me and the example I am setting. I can't want change and I myself are resistant to it.

As you go forth on your daily journey, you will not like every situation or person. Your purpose is not to like or agree with everything - fulfill your role and where you can make or impact change - go for it positively. If you can make it a win-win situation, that's great. If it's lose-win or win-lose, just keep the communication open and flowing where possible.

Ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!