Monday, January 11, 2010

POEM: What have I done?


What have I done to help the oppressed?
Have I ever said a good word to one who is depressed?
Do I behave like I am human when I am stressed?
Or do I act like I don't know people when i am dressed?
Up and down the road of life as each daily move brings us strife,
why can't we treat each other better?
Why should you be hungry while I get fatter?
Why should you always be first and then I am left behind for your laughter?
Will you smile in my face as your lies get more craftier?
Don't you think that you are your brother's keeper?
Don't you think that we should all be richer?
Are you focused only on material things?
Aren't you tired of dragging others people's purse strings?
Don't you think it's time to spread your wings?
Don't you know what showing love can bring?
Don't you know how a good deed can begin?
Do I need to lose for you to win?
Or can we all just forgive each other's sins?

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!