Friday, January 12, 2024

Poem: A Sample of My Simple Humanity

sweet scents stimulate my senses 
awakening all ambits of my aura
making me mellow as the melodies
penetrate my pores as they pour the
literature of love, life, and longing
evoking and erupting every extension of my existence
a sample of my simple humanity

© Linette Rabsatt

Here is my first blog post for 2024! I was not sure what I was going to write about. I had thought about highlighting one of my favorite reggae artists and had the music lined up to play. However, I put a little more effort into my garden.

I sat today to prepare a correspondence but ended up writing the first line of this poem. Then, I thought about how I would use the alliteration throughout. I started with the letter 's' and then decided to create an acrostic poem. Choosing the acrostic word was the other challenge. I considered using the word 'sap' but changed it to 'sample.'

This poem was unplanned burst of inspiration. I want to maintain the same level of writing in 2024. I also want to perform more regularly at online poetry events.

I encourage everyone to 'invest in what grows you.' Your job title, family status and memberships do not define you. Our actions, role model behavior and inspiration are what define us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Knots.
First up, there is something innocent about your poem.

It is also simple and pure.

On the contrary, your personal views after the poem were crafted with encouragement.

Akingtafari77@gmail.com said...

I am so enjoying this sample of your humanity, m'ladyπŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸΏ. By all means continue to share more samples 😁.

2024 Happy Mother's Day!