Thursday, November 30, 2023

Showcasing My Culture through Agriculture and Poetry

The BVI celebrated Culture and Tourism Month in November. While I was not very much involved in planned activities, I participated in cultural activities in a more subtle way.

I was born in the 1970s when the people were still dependent on agriculture for their livelihoods. I grew up with a farmer who relied heavily on her garden for income. Today, I maintain a small backyard garden to improve my access to wholesome produce, earn extra funds, and share fresh fruits and vegetables with family and friends.

I have also been sharing poetry locally and internationally as part of my contribution to cultural activities. November 29 was significant because my poetry was shared during two live online events:
  1. I participated in the live-streamed Poets and Praise Open Mic hosted by Cicely Carr. I'm on from 12:45 to 15:39.
  2. My poem, Cohesion, was featured in the Key-Notez Corner Call Out hosted by PAPI'S POETRY CORNER. I'm on from 22:12 to 22:58.
Check out the YouTube links and enjoy a variety of poetry from several talented writers!

I want to say a special thank you to the organizer of the poetry events for creating avenues for poets to share their work!


No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!