Tuesday, August 23, 2022

POEM: Fighting to Find Words

I fight to find the words
to express the thoughts
that are bubbling in my head
they keep me awake in my bed
not thinking about
the books I've read
or the things I've seen
instead, I focus
unfocused and incoherent
almost belligerent
not knowing
where I've gone
and where time went
because I know
I've spent too much time
in lines, on vines
encircled in rhymes
that make no sense
but maybe I'm just dense
because the words
don't fight back
they never lack substance
because they are 
always available
in abundance

© Linette Rabsatt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Knots!

This is an interesting fight to find words.

Initially, there is a fight to find words to express thoughts, but finally, words are always available
in abundance.

It explains the common experience in the thinking and (written) expression process.

Anonymous said...

It is something that happens to me often, I love poetry and try to write
I have decided to stick to couplets.
Here is one


There is hope even in the food we burn
Since we know our Lord Jesus will return

Anonymous said...

This poem is my experience, so I am trying couplets
Here is one I wrote

There is hope even in the food we burn
Since we know our Lord Jesus will return
Hya Manners

2024 Happy Mother's Day!