Wednesday, May 27, 2020

BVI Youth on the Rise: Entrepreneurship and Innovation by Our Young People


COVID-19 has presented people globally with a myriad of challenges. However, prior to and during this pandemic, some young people have been developing their entrepreneurial skills and creativity to keep themselves busy and to earn money. I have children and they have always been innovative, and have shown interest in being independent. Therefore, I have been assisting them with developing their crafts and talents. In addition, I have seen an upsurge in youth entrepreneurs in the BVI, which I think is absolutely fantastic. I was very encouraged and decided to feature some of these future leaders on my blog.

The links for the various pages are highlighted for each youth. Each one is talented in his or her unique way and their ventures span from music, cosmetics, crafts, entertainment and graphic design.

World, I introduce you to the following future leaders:

Student: Anthony Cheltenham Jr.
School: Elmore Stoutt High School
Business/Activity: 3AL Productions 
What do you do: I create logos and flyers, design t-shirts, and anything graphic design related.
What inspired you to take this step: I wanted to create things for people, and get myself out there more.
Lockdown Survivor


Student: Anjanique Cheltenham
School: Elmore Stoutt High School
Business/Activity: Anji's Crafts
What do you do: I make key-rings and bracelets using plastic string and I create comic strips using Storyboardthat.
What inspired you to take this step: I wanted to make money to be able to help myself.
Plastic String crafts

Student: Chevaan Richards 
School: Virgin Islands School of Technical Studies
Business/Activity: YouTube Channel - Chevy876
What do you do: My channel features Story time, Q&A's, Vlogs, Comedies and tutorials.
What inspired you to take this step: I want to motivate people who have been in the same situation that I have been in. I want to encourage others to push for their goals. I was inspired by one of my friends whose also on YouTube and his name is "Shaheim".
Chevy876


Student: Tymia Fahie
School: Elmore Stoutt High School
Business/Activity: Capture the View Photography and YouTube Channel - Tymia Fahie
What do you do: I take pictures ,and I write and perform my own music.
What inspired you to take this step: I was inspired by Khari Adams Photography and decided that I like photography. For my music, I realized the change in my voice in Grade 6 for my graduation, and I love music.
Tymia Fahie


Student: C’Novia Toussaint 
School: Elmore Stoutt High School
Business/Activity: C’Novia Cosmetics
What do you do: I own a luxury brand of products that caters to both men and women. Our products are vegan, gluten free and cruelty free.
What inspired you to take this step: My inspiration to create this business was that I have always loved cosmetics and science, and was always busy creating something. We officially started on August 5, 2019.
BVI Products for Men & Women


Student: Amia Wheatley
School: Elmore Stoutt High School
Business/Activity: Mimi's Lips
What do you do: I make lip glosses, lip oils, lip balms, body shimmers, hand sanitizers, and face paints, and I draw and make old time crafts. I have also written a book, Hurricane Irma Through My Eyes.
What inspired you to take this step: My love of art was developed in school in grade four and I then realized with the other ventures that whatever I put my hands to, I  was awesome so I continue to dabble in every and anything.



Student: Dekhoy Farrington
School: Elmore Stoutt High School
Business/Activity: Music  - Khoy Don
What do you do: I write and perform songs.
What inspired you to take this step: To be honest, it was a good way to cope with anxiety and depression.

I hope that you are inspired when you read about each young person. They all have great talents and potential. We have to continue to encourage our young people and provide the appropriate forum for them to showcase their talents.

I wish all entrepreneurs the best of success. The journey will have its ups and downs, but perseverance will take you far. Walt Disney said “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” These young persons have already taken the step to pursue their dreams; therefore, let us encourage them on their journey.

Linette
Ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!