Monday, February 15, 2010

Music Makes Me Tick

Sweet reggae has an effect on me that I just can not explain. It makes me mellow and then I start to sing in a high falsetto and smile. Ras Attitude, Niyorah and Pressure are US Virgin Islands reggae artists who have a knack for really making me smile. I think it's just the positive lyrics that always promote a healthy image of a woman and also of the family unit.

Of course my British Virgin Islands brothers like Shine-I, Maccabee, Capable, Imo and Ritical bring the hard-hitting positive vibe as well.

I love most kinds of popular music - soca, reggae, dancehall, R&B and hip-hop. If you get me in the right mood, I may listen to some pop and enjoy it.

Music is really my favorite hobby and pasttime after writing poetry of course. I can only dream about composing lyrics because I am just straight up poetess. I leave the song lyrics to the lyricists.

the beat
and the vibe
touch me
embrace me
making me convulge
in a manner
not expected
even when
driving
I can't keep still
It's the music
the music
the music
YEAH YEAH
RAH RAH
I just
love the music

ribbon

No comments:

2024 Happy Mother's Day!